1. MONEY. No amount is too small. Àkòsápò làá ko owó (You only reject money into your pocket)
2. FOOD AND DRINKS. Go for healthy choices please. Fruits, vegetables, honey etc.
3. FASHION ACCESSORIES. These will come in handy for Eid. Shoes, purse, wristwatches, etc.
4. BOOKS. There’s no such thing as too many books: any beneficial book, any genre.
5. AIRTIME. We all need airtime in our phones, don’t we?
6. DETERGENTS, SOAP AND OTHER TOILETRIES. Might sound ridiculous but always useful.
7. TOYS AND EDUCATIONAL ITEMS. For the kids…
*List is obviously not exhaustive.
*If you’re qualified to pay the zakat, Ramadan is the best time to do so.
*Give with sincere intention.
*Don’t overburden yourself
*Priority should be given to family members and close relatives, muslim or non-muslim
*Identify those who are genuinely needy (but may be too shy to ask)
*Appreciate any gift you’re given, even if you don’t need/like it.